Monday, August 29, 2011

Lewis Hamilton apologises to his McLaren team for Spa crash



Lewis Hamilton has apologised to his McLaren team and taken the blame for his crash with Kamui Kobayshi's Sauber that ended his Belgian Grand Prix.
"After watching the replay, I realize it was my fault today 100%. I didn't give Kobayashi enough room though I thought I was past," he Tweeted.
"Apologies to Kamui and to my team. The team deserves better from me."
Team-mate Jenson Button, who came third from 13th on the grid, said "little mistakes" cost him a chance of victory.
Hamilton crashed out after colliding with Kobayashi into the braking zone for Les Combes, having just passed the Japanese driver up the hill for fourth position.
It was the 2008 world champion's second retirement of his season after a coming-together with Button in June had brought his Canadian Grand Prix to an early end.
Immediately after the incident in Spa, before revising his opinion online, Hamilton said he did not believe he was culpable for his most recent collision.
"I'm not really quite sure [what happened] to be honest," Hamilton said. "I just remember hitting the wall pretty hard.
"It's a bit unfortunate for the team, we were in a good position and as far as I was concerned I was ahead of whoever it was I was racing and then I just got hit by them and that was my race over. That's motor racing. There has been a lot of races where we haven't finished this year, so that's just another one of them."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...