Saturday, January 8, 2011

Armac's Shameless Plugging Special: Everyman Remastered and Bandcamp Layout Update

Hey all, I'm sorry for disappearing these past few weeks.
I've been working on Everyman: Acoustic - A Shortcut To Freedom REMASTERED VERSION. For those who don't know, Everyman: Acoustic is a project that I worked on from 2008-2010. It follows the story of EM (short for Everyman) as he falls in love with Her (The name of the female character EM falls in love with), loses Her, and ends up killing himself.
Its not a cheery tale, thats for sure.
The album started off as a title: "Shortcut to Freedom" and an image:
This image is basically the catalyst for the album, because Howie and I happened across it a bit after we had come up with the title. After that a few songs were either put into the works for the album, or had already been written and were shoved into it. Those songs were With Me, Undefined Bliss, Unattainable, Taken Root, The Land of Women, FuckIDie and Straight Shot. These songs were all originally done by Numb Lock/Project Mayhem, who was Howie, Tom Osborn-Popp, Erickh Norman, and myself. I had also written riffs that would become songs on the album, and one entire song that never saw fruition with NL/PM. When the band disbanded due to the departure of Howie, "An Untimely End" was released and had versions of those songs. I still wanted to finish the Shortcut To Freedom project though, and I continued work on my own. I wrote a prose version of the story, and the set to work creating the full album. An early idea for the album had pieces of the prose and music on the same bill, but when that version was mostly finished, I rethought the idea and decided to make it only music. I expanded the original 13ish song version to a 20 song version and recorded videos of me performing it. I continued to expand the album and about 2 years after it began, Everyman: Acoustic was created. A 43-song concept album that features only me on acoustic guitar (and Howie on bass once, and a digital overture). If not for that album, I probably wouldn't have created my bandcamp account, because the original reason that I did was to distribute it. When I finally finished it, I was like "this is done". But then, a month or so ago, my brother showed me how to get rid of white noise on songs, and since I had kept the multi-tracks for all of Everyman: Acoustic, I decided to remaster it with this newfound ability. As I did so, I decided to include extras so people had an incentive to download it.
I finally transcribed all the lyrics, and made an official-looking lyrics insert.
I scanned some of the original lyrics pages in my lyrics-notebook.
I attached some text files of old outlines for the album.
I put some finishing touches on songs that I had always intended but never followed through on.
  • On Running B, the line "beat by beat", now has bass-beats under it
  • On Undefined Bliss (Reprise), during the vocal-less second verse, there is a cacophony of every other song on the album sped up.
The song One Word was accidentally made awesome when two completely separate vocal tracks were put on top of each other and it ended up being way cooler than the original.
I also included two extra songs: Freedom (Reprise) and Overture (Desolation Remix).
Freedom (Reprise) is a song that I had written the lyrics for a year or so ago, but I had decided it wasn't necessary to the album. I extended it a bit and finally recorded it for the Remaster.
Overture (desolation Remix) is a slightly different version of the Overture. *Shrugs*

And now to our second order of business!
The new bandcamp layout goes as follows

Continually updated stuff ----->

Everyman stuff ----->

Interlution stuff ----->

TCCV stuff ----->

Other stuff ---->

The continually updated stuff:
Covers - Songs not by me, probably the most frequently updated here.
Dirty Hairs - Improvised songs by me. Hasn't been updated yet, lol.
New Songs - Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else
Painfully Disobedient Degradent Melodies - The Ziggurat Vertigods new stuff.
Songfight Songs - Any songs I put on Songfight.

The Everyman stuff:
Acoustic Remastered -You just read about this.
Acoustic - Also this
Outtakes - All Everyman songs that didn't make it on anything else.
Youtube Sessions - The audio of the video-performance of the 20-song-version.
Rough Draft - The version with the prose interspersed.

The Interlution stuff:
I - The Journey - The first one I did a while ago. Pretty ok stuff.
II - Purity and Corruption - The second of these instrumental albums, each song appears twice.
III - Incoming Transmission - A four-part album, with one part "Goddamnation" by The Ziggurat Vertigods.
The Eradication Complete - An extension of two songs on The Journey.
The Ziggurat Vertigods "Painting Over The Darkness With Light" - The first album by TZV

The TCCV stuff:
Acoustic - The stuff this blog deals with usually.
TCCV - The first album I ever wrote, Parts I, II, III, and V of the TCCV epic.
WWIII -The second album I wrote about a fictitious war, then I made it part IV.
DNF - This is part VI. It has a bunch of faux-rap songs :P.
DNB - This is part VII. It has only one song with lyrics, I think. lol

The Other stuff:
Numb Lock "An Untimely End" - Mentioned above.
Project Mayhem "Rumba" - The best album ever.
Project Mayhem "Tits" - The companion to Rumba.
Red Heart Bludgeon "The Crucified Masses EP" - An album by a fictitious band.
The Noodle Minions "Old Shit Compilation" - My first recordings.

ALright, I hope everyone's holiday was good!
I'll be back posting TCCV-Acoustic stuff by next week hopefully!
-Armac

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...