Monday, July 25, 2011

Ricciardo on his Germany GP and Hungary GP preview

F1 En Vivo

Daniel Ricciardo on his Germany GP performance:



“It was good to finish. I think we’ve made a good step from Silverstone but there’s still quite a long way to go. It’s quite a steep learning curve but I think I’ve climbed a little bit of that this week. If I can keep this way then I’m sure that in a few races time the progress will be more obvious by, hopefully, finishing a few positions further up”.





His thoughts on Saturday were:

“I’m quite happy with the qualifying session. I’m not delighted but I have to be realistic and I think it’s a good step forward from Silverstone. Also, this morning, I wasn’t so quick and we learned from that. We made some changes with the engineer and it seems to be positive because my lap times improved considerably. So I think it’s a very a good step forward. We need to take another one tomorrow during the race”.

Daniel Ricciardo Cadel Evans


Hungarian Grand Prix Preview by Daniel Ricciardo


“Last weekend was really good for my country with Mark Webber’s pole and a podium in F1 and Cadel Evans who took the yellow jersey the day before the arrival in Paris and has become the first Australian Tour de France winner. I don’t know Cadel Evans yet, but I want to meet him as soon as possible and try to invite him to a Grand Prix.

I’m excited to go to Budapest: the city is beautiful and the Hungaroring is a track that I like driving on. I have driven at Budapest three times before. I won there on two occasions so it’s a place I enjoy. I drove there with Formula Renault 2.0 and SG Formula and twice with World Series by Renault. For a driver the track is non-stop the whole lap and keeps you very busy with a lot of direction changes which I like. But it's very demanding physically and mentally because there are so many corners and there's only really one straight, and even that is not so long. You don't really have time to get back your energy and relax, so you are always concentrating. I’m aiming for another improvement in qualifying and getting a spot or two further up the grid”.


Videointerview:



Watch Hungarian Grand Prix live free here:
TheFastCastor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...