Friday, December 30, 2011

Sainz: "I ​​regret not racing in Dakar"

dakar 2012
Carlos Sainz, winner of the Dakar in 2010, is really hurt by his absence from the 2012 edition, but said that will be attentive to what happens on the roads of Argentina, Chile and Peru.

"I feel a little sorry not to be there and that Volkswagen did not want to be there because, well, already had a proven engine evolution" said Sainz, while respecting the decision of the German factory to focus in the World Rally Championship.

"I am not interested to race for a private team. At this point in my life I'm not going to compete with a small team" said the driver from Madrid before adding, "I will follow the race online and on TV, I'll do that and see how it goes."

Sainz expects more open competition with the absence of VW and the incorporation of Peru.




"I'm not sure how it changes with the new route, because i know that goes to Peru but I can anticipate that there is no easy Dakar in South America, the past have been very tough. With no official teams there may be more options," he adds, but is aware that , with the departure of VW, "favorite role has taken by BMW."

sainz dakar 2012

In the X Raid team, with a Mini built on the old BMW X3, are two of the big boys. One, Stephane Peterhansel, the multiple champion this year sought by the tenth victory. "Stephane is, by its history in the Dakar, the favorite, but Nani Roma can be there, he has a great opportunity," said Sainz.

Watch Dakar Rally and F1 races live here:

TheFastCastor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...