Friday, February 25, 2011

Fanmail! (sort of)

I recently received a few emails from friends/readers of mine/the blog regarding recent updates to Noblesaur. In order to protect their identities, we'll call them Karmenita Noerei (Noerei! Noerei! Noerei!) and Tim Ogburn Pott (Pott! Pott! Pott!). They both want me to post the emails so that's what do...



Hello Joe,
I hope you are doing well. Basically, I wrote something. Noblesaur is your blog and you do not have to post it at all; I would be completely not offended :). Have a great day!

So now there are three regular contributors to noblesaur, my favorite blog. When I found this out, two thoughts ran through my head. The first was “that’s kinda awesome”, but the second thought was more my mind cringing at all the cynicism it might soon be facing. Now, the three contributors are great people, but they all seem to criticize the world, or at least parts of it. For example, Joe likes to say things about the government that aren’t always the nicest. I concede that perhaps our government isn’t always the best, but combined with Jeffrey’s recent music industry bashing post, and what I imagine to be at least one forthcoming movie complaint by Norman, the negativity conveyed might just overwhelm. So, as I reread a poem for class today I decided it should be shared. Here it is:

When I heard the learn’d astronomer;
When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me;
When I was shown the charts and the diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them;
When I, sitting, heard the astronomer, where he lectured with much applause in the lecture-room,
How soon, unaccountable, I became tired and sick;
Till rising and gliding out, I wander’d off by myself,
In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time,
Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars.
-Walt Whitman


Honestly, after reading it, I first felt proud of myself for at least thinking I may have understood it. Then I was in awe, because I’d like to do that. I’d like to take a minute and not pay attention to all I have to do and just think about the beauty that surrounds us. This beauty is found in the people we often interact with: in their smiles, in their words, perhaps even in humanity; also, it is found in nature. I challenge anyone who reads this to take fifteen minutes and just contemplate something genuinely beautiful. Let it make you smile. By no means am I saying that I am always the best at finding beauty in people, but when I do try the rewards are great. Humanity often really isn’t that bad. :).


Thanks Karmenita!



this shit is awesome

and i keep having cool dreams, so there's more where that came from

in my dream:

it begins with me somehow knowing that there's treasure buried below one of the old buildings in the old west town of tombstone, arizona. i know instantly that i must go there and find it. so, rather than taking a car or anything, i fucking WALK to tombstone like a badass. i walk over deserts, mountains, etc., for like hundreds of miles like it's nothing with the one goal of getting there and digging up that treasure. after some time walking, i see tombstone on the horizon. but instead of seeing an old west town, i see a town that has become an urban development, with wal-marts and starbuckses. i decide to snoop around to see if there's like, an old timey sector or something. in the town, i first pass by a stocky muscular man in a green shirt, i don't even care. then i pass by two lines of school-kids on a field trip, not too much younger than myself. one of them asks me "ARE YOU AT MY SCHOOL TRIP AND ARE YOU A SCHOOL KID?" i reply "back the fuck off"like a badass and push him into the dirt. i move along until i reach a hotel. i see the green shirted man again, i couldn't care less. i ask the concierge of the hotel for help finding the old sector. that bitch was useless. i leave the hotel to keep looking. then i round the corner and from the top of a grassy hill comes a skinny, shifty-looking dude who says "HEY THE GOVERNMENT IS TRANSPORTING 5.2 BILLION DOLLARS RIGHT NOW IF YOU COME WITH ME WE CAN INTERCEPT THEM AND SPLIT THE CASH WHAT DO YOU-" i cut him off like a badass: "what kind of scam you runnin here, mcgee? back the fuck off. i ain't gonna take your shit, i'll call 9-1-1 on your ass" and he runs off like a little scared rat. i keep going, and i finally find an old looking set of spiral stairs heading down below an old building. i'm like, "this is it." but then i see the green shirted man again and i say "it can't be. it was you this whole time!" he lifts up his shirt and his chest turns into the face of the balrog from lord of the rings: the fellowship of the ring, and his face turns into the exact same mouth that is on his chest. he replies in a demon voice "YES THIS WAS A TRAP NOW YOU ARE DEAD" i run up the stairs to the roof of the building and he follows me up there. suddenly it turns into a boss battle a la zelda: twilight princess, where i'm link as a wolf, and the demon turns into some weird lady-goddess floating above the roof. on the roof there's tons of drumsticks, like the kind you use for playing drums, and a bunch of fruit. in order to defeat the lady-goddess, i have to chuck drumsticks at her before she has a chance to compile the fruit together into a tower and make a sword out of it. then when i'm out of drumsticks, i have to grab her braids with my teeth and whip them back at her to inflict damage. i assume i win the battle, because of how badass i was the whole time, but at this point i wake up.

the moral of the story: BE A BADASS ALL THE TIME


Thanks Tim!




This month has been groundbreaking for Noblesaur to say the least. It was only three weeks ago that we reached the 1,000 pageview milestone, and now we've added more than 600 on top of that!

This is the shortest month of the year (and it's not even over) and it is still currently the most active month on record. Thanks guys!

I added a new member to the Noblesaur team and we have big and fun things in store. So tell your friends, share the blog across the internets, and give us feedback. Any and all posts by readers and friends of the blog are always welcomed!

Thanks again,
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...