Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Rundown

I didn't post yesterday at all because this weekend was a clusterfuck; it was a fun and surprising, but still a clusterfuck. That means that my Monday post will officially be this one. Also, instead of Poetry Monday, my next expose of crappy lyric will be this Friday, a rare Friday of the Poem.

So... this counts as my Monday post and Friday is of the Poem.




Today I remembered why I used to hate Valentines Day. I'm not going to sit here and complain, but all day I've had a steadily growing feeling that I'm going to be forever alone. I was going to get someone something but they said they didn't want me to. I guess I kind of rolled with it at first and only now is the emotional impact of that sinking in.

I wanted to get her something...

I considered doing it anyways. I mean shit, it's Valentines day, and actually I probably still could if I could scrounge together money as was originally planned, but she seemed to have had a really good day. I don't want to complicate and ruin things.

That's the right thing to do right?




This morning I overheard that President Obama released his 2012 Budget Proposal. My first thoughts were inquisitive. What would he propose to be cut, to be spent, to be fossilized?

However those were soon replaced with worrying how Fox News would likely spin the budget proposal. Then I realized that my news media source of choice, MSNBC, would do the exact same thing. The longer I thought about it the more I realized that this budget proposal would likely have many proponents and many more opponents, and therefore many arguments.

How would I know what was true and what wasn't?

Read the damn thing myself.

So I found and downloaded the .pdf. I wrote up a few words as to why I decided to download and read the entire budget proposal. Just so people might actually do the same.

Then I remembered Reddit.

I posted the exact same thing onto /r/politics and people started to like it. Before I knew it my link submission was on the front page and my karma had gone from 25 to 900+. I found myself defending my position, as many people apparently disagree with me. In particular, I noticed an annoying influx of absolute haters.

I didn't want the karma. In fact I still feel it's undeserved. I almost feel bad for it. I feel like I stole it in a way. I even felt like this before haters were heckling me.

Now I'm afraid to ever be awesome ever again.

LOL JK. FUCK THAT SHIT, HATERS GONNA HATE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...