Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Three. A Request. A Plug.

Woot! Post three! I'm personally excited I've made it this far.

Okay... so...

First off, a request! As some of you already saw on my updates, tweets, and Facebook. I'm looking to commission a drawfag to make me a freaking awesome mascot for this here blag. I'm looking for a bad-ass purple dinosaur, preferably bi-pedal, and not Barney, who looks as though he is from nobility. At the very least, there should be like a top hat or something... maybe a monocle or a little tux that hardly fits? If someone follows through with this I will be so so so happy and appreciative. If multiple people draw awesome dinosaurs. I'll leave it up to a vote!

Next...

A plug for my friend and his music. Most of you probably know about my best-good-friend Taylor Quenneville; either personally as a mutual friend or you simply heard about him as I ranted and raved, as I incessantly do, about fun times we have had. I have a few things to say about Taylor Quenneville:
  1. He has very low self-esteem. In fact it's really annoying. He has no reason to be so depressed about himself in my humble opinion.

  2. He and I get along really well. In fact, he gets along well with mostly everybody. He's a really good guy, a fun person to be around, and he can be a fucking riot.

  3. He is a musician, a lyricist, a poet, a writer, and an artist. He's a damn good one too. Unfortunately, statement number one hinders his musical abilities a ton.
Taylor writes some good lyrics and some good music. He creates it constantly and you really can't understand the scope of his accomplishments until you compile it all and really step back to look at the sheer amount of art this nineteen year old self-loathing douche-hat has created. Fortunately for us, he found a place to do just that at a website named Bandcamp.

He prefers to categorize all of his music under a truly odd stage name, The Noodle Minions, something he has been doing since before I met him and something that I still don't really understand. However, each little musical style or project has it's own little "band name." For example all the work that he did with me, and our little attempt at a band is called Numb Lock and his improvised, vulgar, and acoustic songs are considered part of The Dirty Hairs.

I asked Taylor what song summed him and his music up best, and he gave me a whole list. I guess that's what I get. His music ranges from ambient industrial sounds to fast riff based rock jams and acoustic ballads. Below, a sampling of his ever-growing and ever-improving arsenal of songs.

First, Burn!, a brand new acoustic reworking of an old song under the tag of The Noodle Minions.

Then, Goddamnation 3- 1998, an ambient industrial tune under the tag, Dissolution of Grandeur.



I hope you enjoy as much as I do. Please check out the rest of his page and the plethora of music he offers. Especially Numb Lock and Rumba.

Thanks to Taylor, for making all this music for us to enjoy.
Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...