Friday, November 26, 2010

Armac's Shameless Plugging 2 (Track 5)

This is kinda short as posts will go probably, because neither the story, the original track, or the new version are very exciting.
Enjoy,
Armac.

Track Five - The Legend Told


Storywise, this song is just a poem that the first four songs were based on. I named it "The Legend Told" to give the impression that it was what people said about the Man of Fire after his death.

The original track was fairly simple, just a reading of the poem that the entire "Inferno" chapter of the story was based on.
To make it a tad more interesting I reversed it and added reverb and then re-reversed it.
This created an effect of everything crescendoing as it actually happens.
It was definitely more interesting than a simple reading, but it lost a bit of clarity, and was not a song.

I wanted to Songicize™ this quite a bit, so I wrote a simple guitar piece, and then recited the poem over it.
The song itself, I kinda like, and to capture the same pre-crescendo feel, I did the same reverse-reverb-reverse thing as before, but with the guitar and both vocal tracks.
All in all I like the song, but its kinda hard to follow and kinda strange as a concept.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...