Thursday, December 23, 2010

Just a Quickie

Comon' baby, just a quickie... before they get back...

I couldn't help but preface with that because I'm immature and a dork (as you probably all know by now).

Okay so this is actually addressing a comment that someone (I think I know who) posted on yesterday's blag post. Instead of confronting person after person in an attempt to adequately explain myself, I'll just make a full on post for you all, in case you were offended and didn't comment.

At the end of my post yesterday I said:
Also, hurray for Christmas coming up soon. I don't care if you're not Christian, fuck you, Jesus was a saint, A SAINT!
Someone immediately pointed out, quite eloquently, that "umm.. Jesus wasn't a saint.."

Believe it or not, I am a Christian and know that Jesus was never canonized, it's not necessary, he is God after all. I'm not flaunting around my ignorance or being blatantly disrespectful to the man/God that is Jesus. I was using it in a comedic way, like an expression.

For example, in the climax of a great scene from Anchorman, Vince Vaughn's character Wes Mantooth responds to an insult to his mother by crying "Dorothy Mantooth is a saint! Dorothy Mantooth... is a saint!" this while being held back, stereotypically, by his comrades.

However I was actually referring to a different instance of this terminology being used, by none other than Patrick Star from Spongebob Squarepants. Below I have embedded the entire episode (in chipmunk form) for your enjoyment. The quote I'm referring to is at time 1:48.



So, now that everything's cleared up, who else can't wait for Christmas? I don't care if your not a Christian; Jesus was a saint, A SAINT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...