Friday, December 3, 2010

Territorial Cup Returns to Tempe

Hello readers. Today's post will not be so long, because I wrote it late, because I suck.

If you live in Arizona or call Arizona your home, you know that last night was The Big Game, the Arizona State University Sun Devils versus the University of Arizona Wildcats. This college football rivalry may not be as old as some of the other east coast rivalry's, but it is the oldest in the NCAA with a certified trophy, the Territorial Cup.

The Territorial Cup has been in existence since before ASU was even an official state college (back when it was Tempe Normal School). Traditionally, the football game has been held on Thanksgiving day or Thanksgiving weekend, however, as I stated earlier this week, apparently they decided to shit on tradition and move it this year.

Seeing as the PAC-10 is one of the most competitive conferences in the NCAA, the game is usually a good one. This year's was no exception. I didn't get to see the end, but it came down to double overtime and one missed field goal. 30-29, Arizona State brings the Territorial Cup back to Tempe for the first time since 2007.

I wish I was a Sun Devil, as I was supposed to be, so that I could have been part of the real celebrations...

This latest ASU victory brings the all-time record to 46-37-1, with the University of Arizona in the lead. It also brings the score in the 2010 State Farm Territorial Cup Series to a ASU lead with 3-2.

Congratulations Tempe, I can't wait to see next years game, no hard feelings right Wildcats?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...