Monday, January 2, 2012

Stage 2 - Driver Quotes

peterhansel dakar 2012

Stephane Peterhansel

The start of the special was fast, so it wasn't possible to steal a march on any of the other drivers, but we felt better at the end when it started to bump around a bit and get trickier around the dunes. We managed to gain some time back on Holowczyc, but especially we had fun at the end.

robby gordon dakar 2012

Robby Gordon

It was a good run for our Hummer, the speed of the car ran good. The tyres were good but I clobbered one rock following De Villers and got a puncture. So without the puncture I think we could have won. But the most important thing is that we kept the car on the race track all the time and that we haven't had any issues – we've been cruising very comfortably the whole time.

al attiyah out

Nasser AlAttiyah

We started in 38th position and we passed a lot of cars. We broke the window and it was very, difficult because we took a lot of time to pass many cars. But I said we just had to keep a good strategy and had to show that we are still here. I don't know how much time we took, but I hope we have a good time tomorrow. We must be more clever.

holowczyc dakar

Krzysztof Holowczyc

Stephane beat me, but I accept that, because he is the best driver on this rally in my opinion, like I accept Nasser's victory in a different car. In my opinion this stage was not so easy. There was some bumpy stuff and, for me, the suspension is not correctly prepared for me. It was too stiff, I was moving a lot and my back is not strong enough so I had to slow down.



nani roma dakar 2012

Nani Roma

In truth, it was difficult for us. We started in 13th place and after 30 km we caught up with other cars and started to suffer due to the dust. It was like that for at least 30 to 50 km! So, to get a good time at the finishing line shows just what a good day we had. Yesterday, we didn't drive well but today we're really happy. We're on the right track and it's perfect for the mountain tracks we'll see tomorrow.


Przygonski dakar 2012

Jakub Przygonski

The beginning was very, very fast. I think it was too fast and closed off on the gas. I was scared about the rear mousse, but it was not a good idea as I was riding too slowly. Then, after refuelling it was sand and it was a nice stage with the dunes. This part was very good for me and I'm happy that I'm here now.

joan barreda dakar 2012

Joan Barreda

It's an incredible experience to be riding amongst the leaders and following guys like Coma, Chaleco or Jakub, because you have to ride fast and you learn a lot. I'm overjoyed. At the end, I eased off a bit, because my aim is to finish the Dakar and I didn't want to have a crash on just the 2nd day, but I'm really happy with how I rode today.

dakar online

Cyril Despres

The first special was a good warm-up and this second special has done my confidence good... It was a good day overall. There was a bit of dust this morning overtaking, but most of the riders gave me enough room to pass, so I'd like to thank them. As for the second part of the special, it wasn't as easy on sand that was quite soft. All in all though, it was a pretty good day”.

chaleco gana

Francisco "Chaleco" Lopez

I opened the road until the 240 km point, with Marc following me, but then when we got to the dunes, he overtook me. I found it a bit difficult to follow, because I had a problem with my GPS aerial and I'm also quite tired. But these first two days of racing were important for me, to see how I am physically. I'm happy to have reached the finishing line. For the moment, I'm not thinking about the general standings, but I think there was a lot to lose today, because the special was very long and tricky.

dakar stream

Marc Coma

The start of the special was very fast today. Chaleco and me were riding at top speed and let me tell you, the Aprilia is very, very quick. After that, we arrived at the second part of the special with sand and dunes. It was a lot more technical, with some navigation to do as well. I took the lead and kept riding at a good pace. I'm happy because I didn't get lost. So, it's been a good day for me!




Watch Dakar Rally and F1 races live here:

TheFastCastor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...