Saturday, January 28, 2012

Barrichello: It’s taking longer than I thought

Barrichello out of F1

Barrichello admitted that he is trying to remain optimistic about his chances of staying in Williams, and in Formula One in this season, as negotiations over a new deal continue.

The Brazilian, the most experienced driver in F1 history, is hoping to start his 20th campaign but confirmed that he is contending for the Williams seat with at least two other drivers. Williams is one of only two teams left with a racing seat, and Barrichello is thought unlikely to go to HRT, just to remain a part of the back field.

There are more than half a dozen drivers currently waiting to hear whether they will be in F1 next year, we believe that Bruno Senna and Adrian Sutil remain Barrichello's biggest rivals, despite news that the German will face trial on assault charges. Vitaly Petrov, Jaime Alguersuari, Giedo van der Garde and Jerome d'Ambrosio also remain available, while doubt surrounds the strength of contract held by veterans Jarno Trulli, at Caterham, and Timo Glock, as Marussia.


“Well, it's taking longer than I wished for, to be honest,” Barrichello said. “I have been thinking positively, and have always put it this way: you've got to believe in things and, if they haven't happened just yet, you have got to believe that they have happened in your mind.

“I am fighting for the position. I think there are two other drivers who have potential to be driving at Williams, but I feel like I am quite a good candidate and that I should be driving there. There's lot of changes for the team – the engine, new people around – and I think what I can tell people at Williams is that experience comes "gratis", in a way. It's just there.

“Where are you going to find someone with my experience and so much of a will to do well? I still have so much feeling for the car and I want to drive it as fast as I can. I don't know how that is happening because, when I was in my 20s, I thought 'I don't know, maybe when I'm 30, I'm done'. I'm now 39 and I'm still feeling ready to go. I think this is the best thing that can be happening to me right now and I hope to be driving this year.”


Watch F1 races live here:

TheFastCastor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...