Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Vettel says he did not see Button's move

button vettel susuka

Sebastian Vettel says he had no knowledge that Jenson Button was almost next to him when they almost make “car contact” at the start of the Japanese Grand Prix.
The Pole Man, had a slow start and then he moved toward the inside line in which was Button who ran out of space and had to drop two wheels on the grass before lifting the throttle and take resuming in 3rd place behind his teammate Lewis Hamilton. Button bounce back and won the race, while Vettel finished in the last place of the podium but won the title.

Vettel said he apologized to Button after the race, insisting that he had not seen him, but also joked that he had to step on the grass in Italy in a similar maneuver with Fernando Alonso.

"Ask Fernando, I think Formula 1 cars can run through the grass with two wheels" Vettel told television reporters.
"It was not my intention to push Button to the grass. Initially I had a good start, I knew it was not perfect but I knew it was good because i managed to escape from Lewis. "
"My reference was Lewis's car, and thought that Jenson had not made a good start because he was on the dirty side of the track, so I try to get on the right side. I think it is on our blood to drive to the inside line of the track to keep the job. "
"And then I saw him when he was in the grass and knew there was no room left. But I talked to him immediately after the race was over, obviously I had no intention of risking that much.


f1 en vivo

Button admitted he was annoyed with the maneuver.
"I had a very good start. The start of Sebastian was a bad one, and I think he knew that so he tried to close the line"said Button.
"I was using all the KERS I could to take the lead and he kept on closing my way. I thought he would stop because I was practically beside him."
"But never cease, so I had to step on the grass and lift the throttle. Otherwise Turn 1 would have been a disaster. "
"I was surprised. He says he did not see me coming until he saw me in the grass. If it is true ... well is one of those things.
"I lost a position, which is disappointing, but somehow it was good to recover and win the race"


susuka podium 2011

After the incident, Button radioed his team asking for someone to penalize Vettel, but after the race said it was due to the fury of the moment.
"It shows how I felt at the time. Emotions were at the boiling point” said Button
"I talked to Sebastian and I hope that he is not lying, I take his word. We are all very hard on fighting our race track positions, it's hard to know where the limits are. "
"The important thing is that I won the race. But I want to congratulate him on how well he is driving this year. "


Watch F1 races live here:

TheFastCastor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...